Southern Cross District High School tries to develop and maintain very close links with parents.
Once forged, these links have been found to result in -
- Greater understanding by parents of their children’s schooling
- Improved awareness by teachers of the children and their needs
- Better communication between home and school
- Fewer problems and misunderstandings
- Increased goodwill and mutual respect between parents and teachers.
Parents are invited to participate in any or all of the following:
Assemblies are conducted and organised by the Student Council and are held on Tuesdays in Weeks 3, 6 and 9 of each term. All classes will be given an opportunity to perform a class item that highlights work recently undertaken. Assemblies commence at 2:00 pm and are held in the undercover area. Any changes to these dates will be notified in the school newsletter.
Parent assistance in the classroom is most welcome. Times and duties can be negotiated with the staff concerned.
An interview is a healthy and desirable part of the school program and may be held at various and regular periods throughout the year. Parents are encouraged to request interviews to discuss any matters of concern. At the end of Term 2, 3-way Interviews are held to discuss your child’s Semester 1 report.